Why, When & How To Clean Your Makeup Brushes?
Cleaning specialists from Offer Maids, the leading maid app Dubai about why, when, and how to clean makeup brushes.
Makeup brushes can easily attract bacteria that are not visible to our eyes. Regular use of dirty makeup brushes can certainly cause skin irritation, allergies, red eyes, acne and even severe health issues.
Since makeup brushes accumulate residues of beauty products, pollutants, and dirt, they can easily get contaminated which favors the growth of bacteria in the bristles. Hence, when they are applied to the skin, it can lead to irritation to severe skin problems.
Do you have to clean makeup brushes?
As it is already mentioned above, a dirty makeup brush can cause you health issues. Apart from that, cleaning experts from Offer Maids, the leading maid app Dubai explains a few other reasons on why you have to clean your makeup brushes on a regular basis.
- Cleaning removes makeup residues and dirt from the brushes.
- Regular cleaning increases the lifespan of your makeup brushes.
- Cleaning keeps the bristles softer.
- A clean brush gives you a flawless finish.
- Germ-free brush won’t get you breakouts.
- Protects your brushes from harmful germs and contaminants.
When to clean makeup brushes?
According to cleaners from Offer Maids Maids Maid app Dubai, clean your makeup brushes in between every use in order to maintain hygiene if the same brush is used to apply makeup on multiple persons. If you are only applying powder-based makeup products with your brush, you can clean them weekly. If you are applying liquid, cream, or gel-based makeup with the brush, it is better to wash it after each use or at least twice a week.
How to clean makeup brushes?
- Soak the makeup brush in lukewarm water and make sure the bristles are completely wet.
- You can use any makeup brush cleaner or a mild cleanser to remove the dirt from them.
- Squeeze a few drops of the cleanser into the palm of your hand.
- Make it into a lather and gently massage the tips of the bristles.
- Once they are completely cleaned, rinse them with cold water.
- Squeeze out the excess water and let them dry by laying the brushes with bristles downward.